Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tyler Herrmann

I started hunting waterfowl around 7th grade. I got interested in waterfowl hunting when I was younger and would go scouting with my uncle, but I lived so far away that I only got to go once or twice a year. That was all that it took to get me hooked. I had to learn a lot on my own to jumpstart my hunting. I spent countless hours reading forums, magazines and watching videos. With a lot of hard work I have found a passion that I will enjoy the rest of my life. It also helps that I live in an area that is great for waterfowl hunting, growing up in a smalltown has its advantages as everybody knows everybody so getting permission on fields is pretty easy. There is nothing better than watching the sunrise and then having ducks and geese be cupped into the decoy spread. I am currently attending Kansas State University, majoring in finance. I hunt whenever I get a break from studying and working. Although waterfowl hunting is my favorite, I also enjoy bowhunting for giant Bucks and one day I dream on going bowhunting for a giant Bull Elk. In the meantime, I am dedicated to hunting and carrying on the tradition with Team DrakeTakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment